It takes so much to get kids excited for family pictures.
Or should I say MUG SHOTS? That's what my friend/photographer calls them.
I think every family can say the same. They moan and groan about it.
It really isn't fun.
But, it's all worth it. Right?
This year I used the "I'll make you a treat" trick.
I rarely make treats these days. Too busy, too many calories, too.......you get it.
ANd if I do it's usually for someone else.
So this trick worked. Only I had to make them!
These treats are called Minnesota Nut Goodies.
My husband calls them "crack cocaine".
They get devoured by all. I haven't met anyone who didn't like them.
It's got all the essentials that we love.
Peanut butter, chocolate, sugar, butterscotch, and roasted peanuts for crunch.
Oooo Laaa Laa. MMMMM.
Recipe:
12 oz
|
semi sweet chocolate chips
|
12 oz
|
butterscotch chips
|
2 c
|
creamy peanut butter
|
2 c
|
dry roasted salted peanuts
|
1/4 c
|
vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
|
2 lb
|
powdered sugar
|
1 tsp
|
maple flavoring
|
1/2
|
milk
1 cup butter |
Directions
1 Melt chips and peanut butter in small sauce pan.
Spread half the mixture in 10x15 jelly roll pan.place in fridge to set.
mix peanuts in rest of mixture and set aside
2 While mixture is setting in fridge
Boil 1 minute- Butter, pudding mix and milk. remove from heat and mix in maple flavoring and powdered sugar. mix well.
spread over chilled layer then top with nut mixture. put in fridge to set.
3 when set cut into small pieces.
best if stored in fridge or freezer.
(as you can see from the picture you can also do them in individual cups)
These can be done days in advance. The chocolate takes some time to dry out.
Here is a sampling of what I got out of the treats!




1 comment:
I LOVE THESE!!! GORGEOUS FAMILY. xoxo
Post a Comment