Thursday, June 14, 2012

THE TREK

A once in a life time experience.
Learning, experiencing, and appreciating what those faithful pioneers went through.


We only heard great things said about our boys.  You know I say that because as a parent I think we see our children so regularly that we sometimes forget how great they really are.  It was nice to hear about them from others.


We got letters from the Ma and Pa's to them and us,  letting us know how much they enjoyed and loved them.  What great missionaries they knew they were going to be and on and on.  It was a very proud moment.  It's helped us realize that our efforts combined with their sheer goodness can really make some good men.  Good men the Lord can use.






One of the neatest things they shared was when they all came walking in the last day and saw this temple in the background.  You can only imagine how they must of felt.  Tired.  Hungry.  And then seeing this temple brought the whole spirit of why we do what we do.  All the youths names were engraved on the temple.  They had them grouped according to their families they were in.
It was so neat to hear their testimonies the next day at church.  
How much they had grown in those testimonies.   How grateful they are for their own families.  How they needed to help each other within those families.  Their love for the pioneers, leaders, and church.  



I know when we experience physical pain we are more easily "pricked" by the spirit.  


The spirit was present.  


That I am sure.

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Love it Denise! I love that you're posting more too...so many interesting things. Talk soon...
love, shawni